Re: drop down lists

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <andrew_kirkpatrick@wgbh.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:08:50 -0500
To: "P.H.Lauke" <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

>not just keyboard users...even when using a mouse, it often happens
>that you open such a dropdown, move around it a bit, then change your
>mind...but there's no safe way to "bail out", unless you hit the previously
>selected option - thus not triggering an onchange.

I haven't tested with every user agent, but the escape key works well
for this in IE, Opera, and Mozilla.

By the way, I also noticed that Washington Mutual
(http://www.wamu.com/home.htm) not only provides a <noscript>
alternative, but adds in the needed submit button via noscript.

AWK

--
Andrew Kirkpatrick, Project Manager
WGBH National Center for Accessible Media