Re: drop down lists

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:06:43 -0600
To: Kelly Pierce <kpierce2000@earthlink.net>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

IE has a command to pull down the menu using the keyboard.  It is not an obvious command, but it was Microsofts response to this problem.

1. When the select box gets focus the user can type ALT+Down Arrow.  This opens the list box options.

2. Release the ALT key and use the up and down arrow keys to move the selection to the option you want.

3. Use the Enter (Return) key to select the option you want.

Jon