RE: How to handle RSS Feeds

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:18:36 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> The rss feed is at a separate url.

I'd almost go as far as saying that, perhaps, the pure XML feed should
not be directly "clickable" for a human user at all...but that would require
a standard auto-discovery mechanism for RSS readers (then again, there may
already be something along those lines...I have to admit this is an area I
only lightly dabbled in).

An interesting approach I saw a while back was the use of (client-side) XSL
to present RSS feeds in a nicer way...but again, this does not solve the
issue of browsers that don't know what to do with the XML in the first place...

http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/2003/11/05/plugging_the/

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford