Re: RE: New window inform user, before or after link?

From: José Luis Velázquez Baro <info@jlvelazquez.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:22:47
To: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

<cite>Think about this a moment - is this what we really want - authors
adding  hard coded icons, titles and alt attributes to inform us what will
happen with target="_blank"?</cite>

User must be informed of what is happening and what's going to happen when
browsing our site. Users don't like surprises.

PD:I don't like pop-up windows or target="_blank"s (in fact every author
shouldn't like them) but sometimes it's not up to we use them or not.
--
jlvelazquez.net