Re: CSS media type 'reader' published for discussion

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:22:45 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> In October, I suggested a new CSS media type, 'reader,' which would
> have the effect of making screen-reader functions legal and
> controllable under CSS.

w3c-wai-ig readers should note that CSS2.1 deprecates media type aural.

It looks like the intention is to deprecate in favour of a new
media type speech, but media type speech doesn't exist yet to the
level where it can be referenced from a candidate reccommendation,
so CSS2.1 doesn't actually formally say what will replace it!