From: John Britsios [mailto:webmaster@webnauts.net]
Sent: 23 February 2004 13:51
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Question to accesskeys

Hi everybody!

I have a question to accesskeys.

I want to use only numbers for my accesskeys, but on my in construction page I have 11 links.

And I have planned using:

S. Skip Navigation
1. Services
2. Our Team
3. Memberships
4. Site Map
5. Contact
6. Privacy & Accessibility Statement
7. Disclaimer
8. Accesskeys
9. Print Version

Though I still have a problem. I use the accesskey "S" for Skip Navigation, but this accesskey and keystroke is used by IBM HPR for "Settings" and JAWS Laptop Settings (Using IE 5.5/6) for "Changing screen echo".
See more here:  <http://www.wats.ca/resources/accesskeysandkeystrokes/38> http://www.wats.ca/resources/accesskeysandkeystrokes/38

Another problem is, I would need accesskeys for my "Contact" forms for:

- Name
- E-Mail
- Comments, etc

I do not want to use any letters for accesskeys, while see here:

1. Use numbers for accesskeys  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2003AprJun/0117.html> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2003AprJun/0117.html

2. Accesskeys and Reserved Keystroke Combinations  <http://www.wats.ca/resources/accesskeysandkeystrokes/38> http://www.wats.ca/resources/accesskeysandkeystrokes/38

Any idea how to get this managed?

Thanks in advance,