question about layout-which is best

From: The Snider's Web <lsnider@thesnidersweb.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:12:26 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about which way is better to go in terms of a table
layout for people with disabilities.

I wondered if one uses tables and wants to make them as accessible as
possible for screen readers; it is better to use a layout that keeps all
the navigation together at the top and then go into the title of the page
and main text area, or a layout where the title, then the nav and then the
main text area show up. If this is confusing, here is an example of what I
mean, if you put both pages through the delorie viewer
(http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.html) you see the difference:

http://www.thesnidersweb.com/ (this one has the top text, links then the
main text)
http://www.thesnidersweb.com/indextrial3.htm (this one has all the nav
together and then the top text and main content)

Which would be better for a viewer with disabilities? Is one better than
the other or are they just different?

I am still playing with this site (the second link is the newer version),
but if you see anything else that may be problematic-please let me know.

Cheers and thanks

Lisa