Re: accessible streaming

The two main issues with video accessibility is providing text captions
for audio content and audio descriptions of visual information.  SMIL [1]
provides support for both these features and is supported by Real Player
and Quicktime, although Real Players implementation seems to be easier to
use and provides a means for the user to control the rendering of the
captions and audi descriptions.

MAGPIE [2] is a free utility that can be used to create text captions.

Some captioning tutorials can be found at:
http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/new/multimedia/index.html

Jon

[1]  http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil20-20010807/
[2]  http://ncam.wgbh.org/webaccess/magpie/