Re: Site Map

From: Kevin McDonagh <info@appletv.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 08:36:10 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I'm going to have to side with the view that the site map is inevitably dated.
Jesper touched a good point where the site map seemed like the best solution to explain to users the semantic structure of a website but to add another tag to to the mix does not seem to make any sense.
I use Semantic maps to show the layout in full to clients but thats it, normal users do not visualise their position in the layout of a website rather they just feel like they are making their own natural progression through a text.
 When a table of contents is the standard in all other literary texts why make another one for the web? After all the purpose of web accessibility is to create universal standards.

--
Kevin McDonagh
Apple Tv Design

info@appletv.co.uk