RE: Web Forms: Usability and Accessibility Question.

> From: Samuel Rinnetmäki [mailto:w3wai@puoli.net]
[snip]
> You can use style sheets to allow the graphis to grow and
> shrink with the
> text:
>  img.asterisk { width: 0.5em; height: 0.5em;}
>
> Is there a problem with that?

The problem is that it's impossible (?) to set the "true" width/height
of the image (i.e. its proper pixel size) via ems. So even
on systems where the text has not been resized, the graphic can potentially
look very oddly pixelated due to it being stretched/shrunk by uneven
multiples/fractions...if that makes sense.

Ideally, we'd have a vector image that scales cleanly no matter what. But
I'm not sure SVG is up to the task yet (?)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk