RE: Web Forms: Usability and Accessibility Question.

From: Geoff Deering <gdeering@acslink.net.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:22:18 +1100
To: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: David Woolley

* Its certainly not always easy to group forms like this, but I felt the

If it were, it would be done by mainstream sites (without the fieldset)
because putting frequently used fields first is good usability and
usability is a lot easier to sell to businesses than accessibility.
It's not done because there are conflicting usablity requirements.

Can you please say more about this because by and large I just don't think
there is a lot of usability applied to most forms.  There are so many mixed
metaphors, many of the behaviours we see on the web show a lack of
understanding of basic interface guidelines for software design.  So which
conflicting usability requirements are you referring too?

Geoff