Re: Web Forms: Usability and Accessibility Question.

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:26:39 +0100 (CET)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On  3 Feb, P.H.Lauke wrote:

> To play devil's advocate: shouldn't they be using a screen magnifier or
> something like Opera's page zoom, which scales both text and graphics ?

  Well, my question then becomes: "Why should they?"

  I can readily imagine, say, an older person with somewhat reduced
  eyesight - going to happen to most of us - who doesn't really feel the
  need for a specialized magnification tool, but feel quite comfortable
  with increasing the font size in his/her UA.

  Tiny symbols that may or may not carry meaning and implemented as
  graphical elements -is- a problem for that specific group; both as
  links and as information carrying elements.

  What's wrong with just adding "mandatory", or "required" in plain text
  to the label ?

   [+46] 0708 557 905