Re: Browser Switch

From: Samuel Rinnetmäki <w3wai@puoli.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:01:44 +0200 (EET)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> -- there is specific reference to OnClick being their
> recommendation instead of OnChange.  Am I missing
> something here that would change that recommendation?

In my opinion yes, you are missing something or the book
doesn't give a very good recommendation.  OnClick means
"a pointer button was clicked" [1].  If you submit a form
when the user clicks over a select list, how could the user
even access the options in the list?

> What would you all recommend if not those two?

I would recommend not using OnBlur either.  ;-)  I would also recommend
reading books about user interfaces in general, not only those about web

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/index/attributes.html