RE: What DHTML is

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:01:16 -0500
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Jim Ley said:

> > So I ran this by an expert.

> Which is a rather offensive way of putting it...

If I had a question on DHTML, there are about 5 people that I would turn
to, and Steve Champeon is one of them. If I wanted to know the history
of DHTML, Steve is probably the only one I would ask. When I have
questions on accessibility, I send them to this list. There are people
here who I consider more knowledgable than others, and when I make a
case on accessibility to my manager, I reference the WCAG list members
quite often. So why, when Joe asks for an expert opinion, is it
offensive?

> Authoring a book does not make someone more of an expert,
> than someone who hasn't authored a book.

But it does create a sense of credibility. In the same way that this
bookmark of mine [1] creates a sense of credibility.

[1] http://jibbering.com/faq/

Randal Rust
Covansys Corp.
Columbus, OH