Re: link to us: Is there a recommendation to provide a graphic for external linking?

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:29:13 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Maestro has many meanings, the graphic only one. This is true for
> almost any text or graphic.

An amusing declaration!

What is the single meaning for Picasso's _Guernica_? How about a simple
Illustrator vector drawing of an upturned palm? Obviously these "graphics"
have *only one* meaning.

By the way, what would those individual meanings be in, say, Breton,
Chinese, and Australian Sign Language?

Critics of the written word are so cute! I'm glad we keep them around!

  Joe Clark  |  joeclark@joeclark.org
  Author, _Building Accessible Websites_
  <http://joeclark.org/access/> | <http://joeclark.org/book/>