Re: link to us: Is there a recommendation to provide a graphic for external linking?

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:29:13 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Maestro has many meanings, the graphic only one. This is true for
> almost any text or graphic.

An amusing declaration!

What is the single meaning for Picasso's _Guernica_? How about a simple
Illustrator vector drawing of an upturned palm? Obviously these "graphics"
have *only one* meaning.

By the way, what would those individual meanings be in, say, Breton,
Chinese, and Australian Sign Language?

Critics of the written word are so cute! I'm glad we keep them around!

--

  Joe Clark  |  joeclark@joeclark.org
  Author, _Building Accessible Websites_