Re: link to us: Is there a recommendation to provide a graphic for external linking? if so where?

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:06:00 +0100 (CET)
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On 18 Jan, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> and others who may be severely graphically challenged, please refer to:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/

  I'm sorry, but I don't understand this. Could you help me by
  elaborating on your point ?

> Maestro has many meanings, the graphic only one. This is true for
> almost any text or graphic.
> Furthermore many and possibly most users find it easier to remember a
> graphic.
> finally everyone's doing it, well plenty are, so why not reflect the
> consensus in this instance?

  I don't quite follow this either.

> IMHO any page which fails to have a 'link to us' graphic cannot be AAA
> rated.

  Nor this. Could you possibly go into abit more detail, and help me to
  understand your conclusion ? I'm afraid that, as English is not my
  native language, I might be easily confused at times.

   [+46] 0708 557 905