RE: duplicate link text

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:07:16 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@sidar.org]

> The problem is that I don't scan over each link in enough
> It's disorienting if
> there's no context. (Balance that against the discussion a while ago
> that pointed out things used like the headlines at
> http://www.theage.com.au

Completely agree that context is important. Sorry, I was actually thinking
about something like the example you gave (we use something similar on our
University's homepage, where you have news titles and a [more] link with
relevant title attribute set), just didn't spell it out clearly enough.
Certainly if we're talking about something like a long list of links alone,
without contextual information, it would be bad to just rely on a title
attribute and have the link text all the same (or very similar).

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk