Re: using absolute positioning

Tina mostly explained why to avoid absolute positioning - there are
assumptions in it that don't always hold. (This can be reduced if you
have sensible media-specific styles, including for small screens.)

The other reason is that implementation support isn't yet fantastic -
you can do simple layout with  margins, float (for columns) much more
reliably than you can do absolute positioning, at this stage.

Unlike in the late 1990s it seems that most tool developers are
actually working on implementing standards correctly, so it might not
take as long as it did for CSS1 to get reasonably widespread
implementation - cause for hope.

Cheers

Chaals