Re: Emails for pwld

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> Nick,
>
> there are really 3 options:

OK, having given a little thought to this and other replies, I'm
thinking of a fourth.

> One: the most difficult for you personally, which is to take a stake in
> the issue, recognise that not everyone has the same aversion to
> graphics,

That doesn't appeal.  I wouldn't be qualified to communicate in
pictures to normal users, let alone yours.  The nearest to that
I could reasonably consider is to offer systems/programming
support to someone like yourself.

> Three: decide that you've had enough of all this, but if you got this
> far you probably already decided that this wasn't the way for you.

Indeed, that option has some appeal.  But it brings me back to the
idea that first prompted me to post in this thread: would the facility
to associate photos with messages (and addressbook entries) be helpful
in the context of a web-based mailer?

So, here's #4:

Accessiblemail uses flexible templates (XSLT) for all its presentation,
so it should be relatively straightforward to adapt for someone with a
proper understanding of your users' needs (i.e. not me).  If you wanted
to undertake such an exercise, I could consider supporting it.

--
Nick Kew