Accessibility of Post vs Get Pages

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:25:30 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

I used to be a habitual POST coder, to protect clients from confusing URIs but...

1) When generating pages from form data, I can see an obvious accessibility plus
for the GET method - one can bookmark the resulting page.

2) I have also found that GET produced pages make markup/style validation and
access by accessibility checkers much more convenient.

 From an accessibilty standpoint, should we really use POST at all?

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy