Re: Rather strange colour experiment

Hmm... it doesn't seem to work on all urls...

Ivy Clark
Application Analyst, ARO IT
Aviva Asia Pte Ltd

Julian Scarlett <j@simweed.com>@w3.org on 06/10/2004 03:14:05 AM

Sent by:    w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org

To:    WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
cc:
Subject:    Re: Rather strange colour experiment

Joe Clark wrote:

> <http://milov.nl/2544>
>
>> Some time ago I implemented a couple of php subdomain detection tricks
>> for quick testing of hex and rgb colour codes: typing ff0.milov.nl,
>> cc6633.milov.nl, 100,100,200.milov.nl, 0,255,150.milov.nl (and so on)
>> in your Address bar will fill the browser window with that particular
>> colour.
>

> Now, couldn't this be expanded into a kind of hackable user stylesheet?
> Don't like the site colour, so add "orange." to the URL and it turns
> orange? (We'd have a bit of complexity with foreground colours, but it
> could be fun to try.)

Interesting. But I can't see any advantages over current style switching
techniques really. Am I missing something?

J.