Print Stylesheet: Large Print

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:15:55 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

I am preparing a stylesheet (CSS) that will be used to format a report for
printing.  To ensure good pagination, I am using absolute sizings, but only in
print mode.

The report creates "town directories" from our online community information
database, Community Connect <http://www.community-connect.net>.  These will be
produced on demand by council offices, etc.  Although there is free, public Web
access around here, not everyone will use it so, to improve accessiblity, we
have paper versions.

For general use, the following will be used:

p, li  {font-size:12pt;}
h1 {font-size:16pt; font-weight:bold;}
h2 {font-size:14pt; font-weight:bold;}
h3 {font-size:12pt; bold;}

Would anyone care to nominate suitable sizes for a "large print" version?

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia