Re: Scripting (was RE: Accessible road maps)

From: Steven Dale <sdale@stevendale.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:48:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Joe Clark said:

>> Again, I have yet to receive one example of client side scripts
>> solving a problem that cannot be solved alternatively and is fully
>> accessible.
>
> "Again, I have yet to receive one example of CSS design solving a
> probelm  that cannot be solved alternatively and is fully accessible."

CSS should NOT be MANDATORY either.  It is an enhancement to the viewing
of a webpage IF the end user's system supports it.  CSS is a very powerful
accessibility ENCHANCEMENT that, if used properly, would allow the end
user to customize the display.  Try changing the color scheme (without
losing information) on a non CSS webpage for someone who needs high
contrast yet still wants a color display.

-Steve