Accessible road maps

From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 08:58:31 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

I am looking into the problems of making road maps on the net more
accessible.

Most solutions rely heavily on JavaScript, and that is probably
necessary since speed is a big issue.

I am more interested in how to make navigating the road maps more
accessible for keyboard users.

It is pretty easy to make functions like ZOOM and panning the map
accessible and they sometimes are, but I have not yet seen a road map
where all the basic functionality were optimized for keyboard users.

It would help me a lot if some of you could point me to good examples of
accessible navigation to road maps, or just point me to the better Map
Services, from an accessible point of view.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov