RE: strange reader behaviour in form elements

True, but for me using a Windows machine, it has to be accessible on Windows and, to be honest Bob, that's all I'm worried about at the moment. Call me selfish but unless it works on my set up I can't put a lot of effort into thinking about it working on others.

I don't understand this argument Bob. I'm talking about a client side application that is governend by the user's choice of operating system. The cross-platform aspect of web accessibility surely comes into play when ensuring that the server-generated content is not OS specific.

> > Is there a reader that is independent of MSSA that I could
> use as a test?
>
> try EMACspeak

I obviously should have clarified things and asked for readers that are independent of MSAA but run on Windows. By your own criteria EMACspeak is not accessible either (unless someone has ported it to Win and Mac by now)

Julian

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.