Re: The Age (AU) Technology Not Supporting Old Browsers

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:03:22 +0930
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Geoff Deering writes:
> It seems just this morning The Age started doing this.  You get referred to
> page below if using an old browser (in my case mozilla 1.6).  I see so many
> scripts misidentify current browsers.  It makes the site look foolish (and
> misleads users).

Matthew Smith replies:

Interesting.  I've just tried this with Mozilla 1.6 under Linux (my regular
system) and the page displays fine.

Either:
1) Since Geoff looked, the compatibility, at least with Mozilla, has been fixed or
2) The browser sniffing is REALLY touchy.

Sounds like the F2 Network is in need of serious guidance.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia