Automated accessibility testing tools - what one to use in a UK university setting?

From: Jim Byrne <j.byrne@gcal.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:35:22 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

I am well aware of the weaknesses of relying on automated tools for testing
the accessibility of websites - however they can have a useful role to play
in the assessment process.

With this in mind, what is the best accessibility testing tool to use in a
UK university?

Thanks,
Jim

--
Your website can be beautiful and accessible.
Visit http://www.mcu.org.uk - and find out how.

Read my new, free, recommended eBook: 'Accessible Web Typography - an
introduction for web designers' at http://www.scotconnect.com/webtypography/