Re: xml proofreading access.

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:25:04 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

David Pawson writes:
> What tools, methods, techniques, if any, are people
> using to enable a blind user to access (for purposes of proofreading
> in this case) XML marked up text?

Matthew Smith replies:
No personal experience here but my initial thoughts would be to use command-line
tools that can interact with a screenreader and/or other assitive technologies.

I would suggest that you investigate EMACS because I know that there are tools
for both XML and accessibility - including a built-in screenreader (EMACSpeak)
of which I have heard good reports.

The Emacs Wiki is at <http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki>

Cheers

Matthew Smith