Re: Note to listowners

The word it means at in this case.  I'm using it in the sense that it is
warm.

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Craig" <wai-ig@cookiecrook.com>
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: Note to listowners

David Poehlman wrote:

> It is the experts who have learned to use a good deal of the at so they
> produce the guidelines or at least have a good deal of imput into them.
> My
> statement about it being necessary to learn the at and not just use it and
> that most people cannot nor should they learn to and use it all because it
> has to be learned and used in ways that most likely cannot be done by
> someone who doesn't need it.

What on earth does that mean?

By 'it' and 'at,' are you sometimes meaning Assistive Technology (AT)
and Information Technology (IT)? It really /looks/ like you mean the
pronoun (it) and the preposition (at). I'm sure it /sounds/ that way to
screen readers, too. This may be the least accessible message posted to
the WAI-IG list. (wink)

It (your use of the words) is especially confusing because you are using
both meanings several times back and forth throughout the paragraph. Can
you rephrase your email and send it again?

James

--
http://cookiecrook.com/