Re: Note to listowners

From: Ian Anderson <lists@zstudio.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:37:32 +0100
To: "John Foliot - WATS.ca" <foliot@wats.ca>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> That's right Joe... treat others with respect.  Your tone and treatment of
> newer members on this list (and others) is to me often quite intolerable.
> once wrote you privately asking you to re-consider your tone and demeanor
> when responding, that the signal to noise ratio of your posts very often
> concealed their true value.

Mr Clark has a sophisticated sense of humour, a unique style and probably
injects his posts with a little too much personality. Some say obnoxious, I
say colourful. But do you have to take *everything* the wrong way?

Can we really no longer distinguish between irony and sarcasm without the
use of smileys?

Sure, he would get his point across better occasionally if reading his posts
didn't feel like tearing off a bandaid. But that's his choice to make.

I for one am glad not to live in a world where everyone talks and acts with
Stepford-like blandness.

Ian Anderson
zStudio