Re: fixed font size.

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:58:26 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Quite rigid, doesn't allow me to increase it for my own needs.
>  I think with IE6 on board, the only way I can overcome his
> font size is by using my own CSS in the cascade?

You can turn off designer font-sizes.  Unfortunately, as pointed out
elsewhere in the thread, designers have now taken to specifying explicit
and absolute line-heights, and the designers of IE didn't account for this
(presumably because it is a newer sort of mis-design (about 2 years old)
than when the accessibility features were added).  Even without overlaps,
insufficient leading can make text difficult to read.

The other problem you will start to hit is that as designers move from
table to CSS layouts, they have started to produce layouts that overlap
the logical layout grid cells if you don't accept their font size choice.
One prominent UK supplier of alarm devices for the disabled has this
problem on their site.