Accessible webcasting

From: Jason Mesut <Jason.Mesut@PACONSULTING.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:07:55 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, gawds_discuss@yahoogroups.com

Apologies for the cross-posting.

We are currently have a client who wants to know "what are the best ways to make live webcasts accessible (presentations, AGMs etc.) and does anyone know of any good examples?"

My early thoughts are that subtitles could be used to describe spoken content (for hearing impaired); sign language (also for hearing impaired); additional audio describing any visual information (for visually impaired).

Please can any responses be as practical to implement as possible,

Thank you,

Jason