Re: SVG DOM, event handling and how to disable?

David,

I'm not sure what kit you are using, but for instance:
http://www.kevlindev.com/tutorials/basics/events/mouse/js_dom/index.htm
ie5.2 on mac with ASV3.0 build76 and javascript disabled
event handling continues, no dialogue or security alert is raised.

can you define more specifically the process you've witnessed?

thanks

On Friday, December 12, 2003, at 06:43  am, David Woolley wrote:

>> The SVG specs indicate that the SVG DOM includes event handling.
>> UA allow people to disable scripting; should SVG viewers allow event
>> handling to be disabled?
>
> Definitely, on security grounds.  In fact, this is the basis of the
> Adobe security alert that advises the use of embed rather than object;
> the Adobe plugin was unaware that the current security zone did not
> allow scripting.

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk
"A web by people with learning difficulties"