Re: Emails for pwld

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:29:08 +1100
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: "Caroline Lambie" <Caroline.Lambie@mencap.org.uk>

I have certainly seen this demonstrated - I believe that
inclusion-Europe (where mencap is involved) had at least one member in
Belgium working on this kind of software for a European project in 2001.

I have efffectively the same thing on my telephone (it sends phone
calls instead of email, but I can configure it for email as well).

As others have pointed out, the underlying technology is trivially
simple, and you can make a simple web-based system to do this, although
you would want to be clear about what software people use it with.

Cheers

Chaals