Re: Emails for pwld

From: Andy Heath <a.k.heath@shu.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:48:01 +0000
To: Caroline Lambie <Caroline.Lambie@mencap.org.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Its certainly possible and there were some Open Source
email systems around that did this a few years ago - they even
presented your inbox as a series of picture-icons.
Can't rememember the name of any.

For many systems internal to an organisation where
pictures of people are available it would be easy to do
- perhaps there are some you can do like that with
configuration.

Its an interesting question what they might do with
the kind of spam emails that are around these days :)).

Andy

> Hi all
>
> In Mencap we have been discussing how sending emails could be easy and
> accessible to people with disabilities.
> The idea is instead of having a traditional email address there is a
> photo of the person you need to email and when you click on that the
> email address is embedded so it opens up as a traditional email ready to
> write and send. It would be be reciprocal so that it also shows the
> senders photo when received.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible, or if this software already
> exists?
>
> thanks
>
> Caroline
>

> Caroline Lambie
> Mencap
> Web Communications Manager
> 020 7696 6022
> caroline.lambie@mencap.org.uk
> http://www.mencap.org.uk
>
> This year, the Blue Peter Get Together Appeal is raising money for
> Mencap (and Enable in Scotland) to help hundreds of children with a
> learning disability across the UK. To find out more and get involved
> visit www.mencap.org.uk/bluepeter
> Or, if you fancy a different sort of challenge, you could always run
> next year's Flora London Marathon for Mencap - for more details on this
> and other Mencap events call 0845 977 7779.
>

> ********************MENCAP-DISCLAIMER**********************
>
> Want to understand more about learning disability and Mencap?
> Visit www.mencap.org.uk or call our Learning Disability Helplines
> free on 0808 808 1111 (England), 0808 8000 300 (Wales) or
> 0845 763 6227 (Northern Ireland - calls charged at local rates)
>
> This email should be read in conjunction with the
> disclaimer contained within the Mencap Web site at: www.mencap.org.uk/disclaimer
>
> If you have received this e-mail in error please
> notify the postmaster at postmaster@mencap.org.uk

andy
Andy Heath
Sheffield Hallam University