RE: Remote Scripting -- Compliant with 508 and WCAG?

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:55:46 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> This may not hold true in all instances, but in our case, most of the
> things we would be doing is populating drop-down lists, based on a
> user-selected parameter or redisplaying data in a table.

in which case, you may want to create an alternative form which is spread
over multiple pages, to ensure that even users w/out client-side scripting
can use it (i'm thinking WCAG, not 508 here)

> In some cases,
> we have had clients request that checking a checkbox or radio button
> automatically commit data, rather than clicking a button and submitting
> data.

and again, you may want a fall-back that if scripting is disabled, the form has
a proper submit button (via <noscript> perhaps ?)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk