RE: To be or not to be...an alt tag, that is the question

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Julian Vallis wrote:

> > [John]
> > Do the Greek Governemant have any Accessibility laws in place? Because it is
> > the country's regulations that seem to be the guiding force - the Sydney
> > Olympic case was brought by an Australian under Australian LAw.
>
> Secondly, because of the rush with the late works, I doubt considerations like WAI will be taken up seriously. Greeks tend to be ruthlessly pragmatic (at least that's what they think), and to them they will think it a waste of time and money to support the disabled minority - though they will never admit it! And if the disabled should take action, then:
> a) good luck with the Greek courts (Test cases are famous for going belly up) and
> b) it's law, so what's the problem?
>
> At the end of the day, I wouldn't expect anything in terms of accessibility from Athens 2004!

but it is part of the contract to host the games. the IOC has certain
minimum standards for access, especially since the paralympic games are
held two weeks later in the same venue.

couldn't the suit be brought under "Breach of contract"??

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net