Re: www.paralympic.com (RE: To be or not to be...an alt tag, that is the question)

From: Access Systems <accessys@smart.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:21:42 -0500 (EST)
To: "P.H.Lauke" <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, P.H.Lauke wrote:

> > The site is http://www.paralympic.org/
>
> Anybody had a look at it in Lynx ?

yup,  and immediately got the "your browser doesn't support frames,
upgrade to a newer browser"

if you click on thru it works but they don't tell you that

> Lovely jubbly...apparently my browser "do not support frames" [sic]
> (see below)
>
> And it doesn't just tell you on the index, but if you go on to the
> main frame, it reminds me again how outdated my browsing habits are...

nothing wrong with our browser, something wrong with thier markup

>  FRAME: menu
>  FRAME: search
>  FRAME: top
>  FRAME: main
>  FRAME: bottom
>
>  Welcome to the IPC Homepage
>
>  This is the official web site of the International Paralympic
>  Committee (IPC).
>
>  This pages uses frames. Your Browser do not support frames.
>
>  Download a newer browser form Microsoft or Netscape.

what and ruin my browsing experience

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net