RE: To be or not to be...an alt tag, that is the question

From: John Colby <John.Colby@uce.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:54:08 -0000
To: "Julian Vallis" <lists@vallis.net>, "W3C WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org on behalf of Julian Vallis
Subject: RE: To be or not to be...an alt tag, that is the question

Any knowledge that went with Sydney or previous Olympics will have gone down the pan, as I don't suspect there's anyone who worked on the Sydney site that will be working on the Athens site. IBM aren't doing or sponsoring the sites this time round - and I don't know who is. The current athens2004.com site is a smalltime Athenian concern.

[John]
Do the Greek Governemant have any Accessibility laws in place? Because it is the country's regulations that seem to be the guiding force - the Sydney Olympic case was brought by an Australian under Australian LAw.

John