Re: To be or not to be...an alt tag, that is the question

From: Paul Davis <paul@ten-20.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:40:20 -0000
To: "John Colby" <John.Colby@uce.ac.uk>, <tina@greytower.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Re: To be or not to be...an alt tag, that is the questionHard hat and flak
jacket time again.

John said
"So is there a list/site of 'good practice' with ALT?
Just how much/little should one put into an ALT tag"

There was a thread a while back and some poor soul
offered the suggestion of alt=0 for page furniture.

Heads down, ricochets everywhere

I feel it is not a good choice is to just say "" for page
furniture, it could leave me wondering what the graphic was?

The question is in this case, is the lack of continuity of quality

I just felt the committee should know better.

Tea break