Re: To be or not to be...an alt tag, that is the question

From: <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:23:29 +0100 (CET)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On  1 Dec, Paul Davis wrote:

> I know, a bit like asking how long is a piece of string, however The paralympic
> version of the site (oops!! given the game away) has alt tags or to all you purists
> alternative attributes, that are of a cryptic one word nature. They cover the mandate,

  If by using the right name for something, be it an ALT attribute or a
  car wheel, makes me a purist, then I will happily admit to being a
  purist.

  Please consider that communication can be inaccessible too, in
  particular if you refer to a spade as a "implement for producing
  holes".

  May I take this opportunity to, again, remind us all that the standard
  for e-mail messages are 77-79 characters per line ? Thankyou.

   [+46] 0708 557 905