SVG (was RE: webbyaward?)

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:37:35 -0000
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

And to veer off topic slightly: part of Microsoft's "flash killer"
"Sparkle" will be MVG.
<http://longhorn.msdn.microsoft.com/lhsdk/graphicsmm/overviews/wvg1.aspx>
As with XAML, it's "nice" to see MS just picking the best bits from
XML based developments and rolling their own slightly incompatible
versions...
Getting back to SVG: are there any decent authoring tools available
for it ? As with things like SMIL, I think the potential is definitely
there, but the tools need to be up to scratch (as I don't fancy
writing my own stuff in Notepad, if I can avoid it).

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk