SVG (was RE: webbyaward?)

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:37:35 -0000
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

And to veer off topic slightly: part of Microsoft's "flash killer"
"Sparkle" will be MVG.
As with XAML, it's "nice" to see MS just picking the best bits from
XML based developments and rolling their own slightly incompatible
Getting back to SVG: are there any decent authoring tools available
for it ? As with things like SMIL, I think the potential is definitely
there, but the tools need to be up to scratch (as I don't fancy
writing my own stuff in Notepad, if I can avoid it).

Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford