Re: CSS cursor hand

From: Marjolein Katsma <hgnje001@sneakemail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:10:22 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 10:04 2003-11-24, Pablo Enríquez wrote:
>I´d like to know what´s your opinion about using 'cursor: hand'. The 'hand' value is not a css standard but is the one understood by IE 5.x browsers.

While cursor: hand is not valid, it is valid (in CSS2) to use a URI to point to a cursor resource, so you can use cursor : url("hand.cur"), and even provide a list so the user agent can pick the one it can handle (just as with font families). Why use invalid code when valid code can accomplish the same thing?

Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/ - Extensions, Tips and Tools
The Bookstore - http://books.hshelp.com/ - Books for webmasters and webrookies