Re: "mouse or rat"

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:17:45 +0000
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: Marjolein Katsma <hgnje001@sneakemail.com>

Marjolein and all,

thanks so much for comments on peepo.co.uk, I've now changed the index
page so that at least it validates :-(.

The Adobe asv6 plugin is stable, and allows one to create and use
external graphics libraries, this is critical during development.
maintenance is a real hassle in any case. Our site develops in response
to user comments, so is always a live development cycle.

over the next week or two the site should accommodate a broader range
of svg viewers.
The icons are now tested across a range of browsers, OS, and plugins.
It will remain to be seen how the minimal svg animation or scripting
copes.

Unfortunately SVG just isn't that accessible, for instance keyboard
access isn't, well others might claim differently....
one can't copy and paste the images, so repurposing is minimal. The
great benefit is the graphics quality, and the open source.

"mouse or rat' is a new book by Umberto Eco on the meaning of
translation. I've only read a review....
given my interest in iconic interfaces, the need to demonstrate the
confusion of words is.

thanks to you all again

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk
"A web by people with learning difficulties"