RE: Accessible JScript calculators?

Jake,

what kind of calculator are we talking about ? An all-purpouse one
(i.e. one that emulates a real-life calculator), or a specific one
(e.g. a mortgage rate calculator) which only has a few fields and a
big "calculate" button ? If it's the latter, you can make it accessible
by providing a dual mechanism: if javascript is present, do the
calculation on the same page, otherwise submit the form, do the
calculation server-side, then display the result on a new page.
If it's the former, I'm afraid that it will be a lot trickier to
make that one accessible. You may have to provide to separate calculators
altogether: one with all the various buttons, using javascript, and the
other one consisting of a simple text field where the users would write
their calculations (operators, parentheses and everything) and
the server would then evaluate the formula and spit out the result.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk