RE: Using Frames - what problems do screen readers have?

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, P.H.Lauke wrote:

> > but the real question is "does the frame and feature rich
> > environment" actually add real usefulness to the site??? or
> > are they just
> > "eye candy"
>
> And what if the answer is YES ?
>
> > > Fortunately we know that the disabled people who would be
> > using the system
> > > would be using screen reader software and hardware that is
> > never likely to be
> > > more than two years old.
> >
> > how do you know this??
>
> reading Julian's original thread starter, it appears to me that
> he's talking about a web-based intranet (?) system, meaning that
> the target platform is known.

then the intranet provider (company) would need to provide the appropriate
software and equipment to access the site by their users, including all
people with disabilities, at no cost to the user in excess of what they
may be chargeing every other user.

> Patrick H. Lauke
> Webmaster / University of Salford
> http://www.salford.ac.uk

of course that is USA rules I think the UK rules are similar, but YMMV

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net