Re: Using Frames - what problems do screen readers have?

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:03:48 -0500, Ziad Gemayel wrote:
> The problem that screen reader users face is that they can't identify each
> frame and navigate between them efficiently if they are not coded properly.
> In addition to what Juan mentioned, I would also add a meaningful <TITLE> to
> the individual frame pages (make it identical to the TITLE in the frameset).

Sorry, I should have said that one should assume that the frames were properly
marked up with sensible Title attributes.

> This is because Jaws and Window-Eyes for example look at frames in a
> slightly different way. This process ensures that both users have the same
> experience when navigating the site.

Once the user has got into the main parts of the application, most of the work
will consist of moving back and forth between two particular frames.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom