RE: Nielsen's Latest Alertbox & a personal protest

From: Geoff Deering <gdeering@acslink.net.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:00:43 +1100
To: <carl.myhill@ps.ge.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

From a usability point of view I actually agree with JN on this.  I have put
search boxes in the upper right hand corner of sites wrapping the field and
button in FIELDSET + LEGEND and no matter what I do it always appears
cluttered and a cognitive overload.  If it is moved into a column of such
sub sections it tend to take its place much better, if fits in with the rest
of the layout.  So it's not always easy finding the balance between
usability and accessibility.

Geoff