Re: User customization using a style sheet switcher and server side scripts.

on 11/5/03 10:33 PM, David Woolley at david@djwhome.demon.co.uk wrote:

>IE has a general mechanism:  user defined styles sheets.  The specific
>options are, at least conceptualy, simply easy ways of setting a limited
>number of user style sheet properties.

David,

I agree that there is a general mechanism - and that 'conceptually' it may
be easy - but - surely as web designers/developers, we can't  expect surfers
to be writing their own style sheets?

All the best,
Jim

--
Your website can be beautiful and accessible.
Visit http://www.mcu.org.uk - and find out how.

New, recommended eBook: 'Accessible Web Typography - an introduction for web
designers' at http://www.scotconnect.com/webtype.php