Re: Recommendations - Content Management System

From: <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:13:35 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> > Could anyone recommend a good user-friendly, Content Management System
> which
> > produces accessible code?
>
> Look at the archive.  I don't believe there have been any very definite
> conclusions any time this has been asked (it would be in the FAQ if the
> list had one; the other thing that one go there is a BBS/chat system).
>
> Hint: the previous thread had portal in the subject.

I develop a CMS that *can* produce accessible code (we give designers enough
freedom that you can shoot yourself in the foot and mess it up - although we
don't give content authors enough freedom to mess up if the designers did
things right). I like to think it's user-friendly. However we have some way to
go on the accessibility of the software used by the users of the CMS (authors,
editors etc.) so until that has greatly improved I am even less willing to go
on a self-promotion binge than I would be normally.

However if that seems like it would solve your problem contact me offlist and
I'll put you in touch with a sales manager (after pre-emptively bashing them
around the head and making them promise not to act too much like a sales
manager :)